Saturday, July 14, 2012

Fishing the Slop

Started the weekend on a good note. On Friday afternoon, my buddy and I hit the slop to chase some bass and get me my first snakehead. I had all four of my rods rigged and ready to roll. I started the evening tossing a carolina rig with a stick bait tied at the end. I began tossing into holes but no takers. I finally turned into some current coming. I cast my line past the riffles and slowing began jigging in it in. BAM! I got my first bass of the day. A few casts later, I landed my second bass. This went 15 inches, not huge in length, but it was a bruiser. Thick!

Once I got my fix for bass, I turned to chasing some snakeheads. At this point, I would either get a bass or a snakehead. It was time to toss the Booyah Pad Crusher Frog. After a few casts, I got my first hit and miss. I couldn't tell what it was initially but after landing a couple of snakeheads later, it looked more like a bass strike. I missing a few snakeheads but ended up landing two. The other was caught on a Cavitron Buzzbait.




The outing could not have ended any better. I landed a bass that just inhaled the Booyah frog. It's been sometime since I've had some great topwater action. Even the misses were exciting!

1 comment: