Monday, July 2, 2012

Double Header

A quick post to recap my latest outing which occurred back on June 24, 2012. With work and the latest storm that knocked out power for 3 days, It is time to catch up on some miscellaneous items.

My outing on Sunday morning started off at Beaver Dam Reservoir. I had a couple of hours to fish before heading over to Powells Creek to fish with an old buddy of mine.  I started off throwing a buzz bait along the grassy edge with only one hit and miss. I switched over to a wacky rig Dinger and a Yum Money Minnow on a weighted hook. I caught a few small greenies with the Dinger and a catfish with a pearl Yum Money Minnow. A great fight but not what I was targeting. This catfish hit my lure as soon as it fell into the water off the vegetation.

Off to Powells Creek I went after grabbing a bite to eat. We had a small window before low tide. We began tossing some plastics in pockets within the heavy vegetation. The bass boats and recreational boats made it quite difficult to stay in position. So, we moved onto the back of the creek where we began throwing buzz baits and Dingers. The top water action was in full swing with a couple of huge blowups and a couple of snakehead runs which was pretty cool. All in all it was great day to be out in the water and get some pointers from a buddy of mine from Texas who knows Powells Creek fairly well.

Here is some footage of the outing.



Baits:
Yum Money Minnow (Pearl)
Yum Dinger
Buzz Bait Walmart Special

No comments:

Post a Comment