Sunday, July 29, 2012

Fishing Under the Rainbow

We targeted a 4:00 p.m. launch. Well, all those that travel I-95 South know how terrible the traffic can get. Let's just say, I was an hour late and a little ticked off.

Because of my tardiness, my buddy hit the water. Now, with storms lurking, I didn't want to venture off too far, so I decided to hit the slop first. No takers.

As soon as the skies cleared, I raced for the creek. I decided I would target some pockets off the main channel where I noticed lots of action from both bass and snakeheads. I started off with some topwater baits. No takers.



I moved up the channel, making a change from a Allure Trick Bait to a Bass Pro Shop Knock Out Worm, where I hooked up on my first of three on this worm.

  

As I continued up the creek tossing past bait fish, I missed a huge bass. This girl came flying out, it plays in slow motion vividly in my head. Crazy! A few more casts and BAM! Not the one I missed earlier but she is a beauty.



Unfortunately, the last fish I caught, well, I forgot to turn the GoPro camera on. But, I did manage to catch a couple of shots, this one being the best due to angle and limited light. 


As the sun began setting, I headed back to the slop to start tossing the frog and wait for my buddy to come out of the creek. Well, I hooked three more bass, two of them came unhooked just as I was about to lip them.

I have to say, froggin' has to be the best fishing. The excitement from seeing a fish come up to inhale a frog and just explode on it, is like no other. You can bet an investment in more memory and power, and a net is just around the corner.


3 comments:

  1. Congrats Andy! Looks like another quality outing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chuck. It was great evening until low tide. I had to walk about 15 feet in mud pulling the kayak in pitch-dark. Not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's look like they had a awesome trip. Please do visit Fishing in Dubai for getting a good experiences.

    ReplyDelete