Sunday, April 15, 2012

Outing Number 2 at Beaver Dam Reservoir

I had a visitor coming today, so I got off to a late start. I launched roughly around 12:30p.m. The winds were up a bit around 11-14mph. I headed out to my favorite point but I could not keep my position. My little 10 footer was being blow around. I decided to hit a few coves but all I managed was a couple of small crappie off a 1/8 gold Kastmaster spoon.

Off to my final cove before I called a day. The wind was beginning to pick up. I felt I had one more shot. I decided to put the spinner down and pick up old faithful, swim jig and Fat Albert grub. I positioned myself to target a drop off at the entrance to the cove. On my first cast, BAM! I picked up this nice little bucketmouth.

Although the wind was a bit strong for my taste, I did manage to get out and enjoy the outdoors. At the end of the day, that's what it is all about.


2 comments:

  1. Nice catch man! I wanted to head out but it was too windy for me this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brian. It's been like that around here lately. Typically I wouldn't head out to this reservoir if my flag at home has a slight movement to it. But, I had an itch to make it out there.

      Delete