Monday, April 9, 2012

Beating the Bank

I thought about heading out to Beaver Dam Reservoir in Ashburn, VA in 16-20 mile winds but decided against it. I did not want to be fighting the wind in my little 10 footer. So, off to a nearby pond I went. It is a well covered pond surrounded by many trees. Unfortunately, this pond does have "No boating" signs posted. My only option was to hit the banks.

I caught a couple on a swim jig with a a Zoom Fat Albert Grub. Both were caught by making a perfect cast to a spot near rocks that had some shadows from pine trees just off the bank. The biggest of the two hit the jig just as I began to make my retrieve. The other hit once, a slight tap. I slowed down the retrieve, paused, then the fight was on.

Here is my swim jig setup and Largemouth bass.

No comments:

Post a Comment