Saturday, May 31, 2014

Mid-Atlantic Kayak Bass Fishing Series #2: Pohick Bay

The morning was perfect, I just couldn't find them. Well, other than the snakehead that came off a stump on a 1/4 oz swim jig. It simply demolished the jig! All that was left was a bent hook with no paint left on the jig head.


Strategically, I felt it would be best to attack the cove across the launch, since the majority of the anglers headed to the creek. The plan was to circle back to the creek as the tide headed out. 

I ended the day with 27 1/4 total length. I caught both bass back in the creek, which I found to be clear, just like Leesylvania after heavy rain. Both fish were caught on a Carolina rigged stick worm. 


It was my first tournament in 2 years, it felt good to compete again. There were 23 anglers, 13 of which had submissions. The next one is June 21st at Point of Rocks. Visit http://www.thehobielife.blogspot.com/p/mid-atlantic-kayak-bass-fishing-series.html to learn more about the Mid-Atlantic Kayak Bass Fishing Series. 

1 comment:

  1. Many thanks regarding putting up this specific info. I just to help inform you i simply just take a look at your internet site in addition to My partner and i still find it very fascinating in addition to useful. I can't hang on to read a lot of your posts.
    Regards: class reels

    ReplyDelete