Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Last Cast, First Bass for My Princess

A late post but a memorable one. On Sunday, my day started off at Beaver Dam Reservoir, with nothing but dinks to show.  With my wife and oldest daughter heading to the movies in the evening, I convinced my little 7 year old to go fishing with me. It had been over a year since our last outing together. 

So, off we went to a local community pond out at South Riding in Loudoun County. The last time I was there, the fishing dock was in the initial stages. Wow! What a fantastic job they did. And by the looks, they may be adding a second one. Anyhow, back to my story. We had about an hour and half before we had to be back. Her first few casts I rigged up a 3" Senko worm with a bobber. She received a few hits but not hooking up. So, I decided to tie on a 2" Gulp minnow grub without the bobber as she loves the casting and reeling in method. 




On my end, I had a few hits but that was about it. With time flying by, I told my daughter one last cast and for her to aim towards the grassy edge. The next thing I know, I'm hearing her say "dad, it's heavy and pulling hard.", of course I had to help her reel it in because she simply could not reel this girl in herself. This was her fish using a lure, her first bass, and on her last cast. Wow!


And as you can see, that was about as close as she was going to get to the fish. We'll see if I can convince her to lip a bass for great hero shot to add to our memorable moments together.

No comments:

Post a Comment