Monday, May 7, 2012

Maiden Voyage

I finally was able to make it out on the water yesterday. Although, it wasn't my most productive outing in terms of fishing, I definitely enjoyed being out on the water and finding ways to adjust for future outings.

My thoughts:

The 2012 Ride 135 is a remarkable and impressive kayak. I could not believe how much space I have, the stability, and the tracking of this yak. Additionally, the replaceable skid plate on the keel is simply fantastic!

Lessons learned:
  • Get rid of the tackle bag and invest in a CratePak Max or modify my existing crate. 
  • Add STS to the bow where I secure the paddle under the bungee and where the tip and butt of the pole rests when laying on the deck.
  • Add anchor trolley 
  • Add nylon pad eyes to secure rods
  • Invest in a kayak cart. I have my eyes on the Feel Free Camel Kayak Cart - 2012
Here is some footage of me avoiding the skunk. I did miss a few on a wacky rigged senko but the swim jig and Fat Albert grub came to the rescue. Whew!


Here is a shot of me standing on the Ride. Thanks Roney (A fellow KBF member and Beaver Dam fishing partner).

No comments:

Post a Comment