Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Summer Froggin'




It was fun to get out again on my orange Ride.


The day started fairly slow as my buddy Miguel and I hit my favorite fishing hole. I really wish I had got him into some fish in terms of quantity. Unfortunately, he had to head out before the fun began.




 
 
Tossing the Rage Tail Frog was fun, but I should have learned my lesson from the last time. Stick to braid with snakeheads lurking around. As you will see I landed some nice tidal largemouth, but I had another large snakehead take me for a ride and with it's lock jaw, it broke off as I tried to get a hold of it with my fish grips. It just wasn't going to have it. You bet the next time around I'll have the Ego S2 Slider landing net with me. Yup, just picked it up today.



It took some time to land some fish. And as you will see, I lost juice on my GoPro. So I had to turn to my Kodak Sport to capture some footage of the fish I landed and being pulled by the snakehead. I hope you enjoy and I'll be at it again on Saturday with some friends from Kayakbassfishing.com and my fishing partner, Matt.

3 comments:

  1. nice report. Like the blog. Ill have to get my way up to northern Va soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Fishing upper and lower Potomac can be very fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We tried Mattawoman Creek in June , i put that one in my blog post. We plan to go around Quantico or the one up just north of Fresdricksburg. Snakehead is still on my to catch list.

      Delete