Thursday, June 14, 2012

Better Than a Skunk


Hit my favorite spot in Loudon County last weekend. With summer heat picking up, I decided to launch by 5:30 a.m. on both Saturday and Sunday. Both days started off with some top water action using Megastrike buzzbait, Jitterbug, and Rapala popper. The Jitterbug was the winner of the three with a fish hitting the bait on the last pause, just a couple of feet from my kayak. It was somewhat funny and caught me off guard as you can see in the video where I actually reel him in all the way to the tip.




As it got later in the morning, I switched it up a bit tossing Zoom Super Fluke, Strike King Shim-e Sticks, Strike King Baby Craw, and Gulp 3” Pearl White Minnow Grub. The winners here being the Shim-e wacky rigged, Strike King Baby Craw and the 3” grub on a 1/16 jig head. All fish came off the edge of the grass.


All in all it was a great outing; I even had a chance to try out my new toy, a GoPro HD Hero2. I rigged it up so that it sits on my back left shoulder with a YakAttack PanFish using Rob Choi’s v1 method of securing the Mighty Mount to my crate. It definitely was a great investment.   

Some lessons learned from this outing: I need to transfer my transducer from my old yak to the Ride. A game warden I ran into Sunday provided me some valuable information to a cove I fished for the first time in this reservoir. Additionally, I need to invest in a YakAttack PanFish Portrait for my Kodak PlaySport.  

No comments:

Post a Comment